Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have a Canon MX882 multifunction. After one of the last

Customer Question

I have a Canon MX882 multifunction. After one of the last updates to OS X, the buttons on the printer to initiate scanning don't work anymore. I can print fine. I can scan as long as I do it from the software on my mac, but I would really like to be able to just click the "black" or "color" button on the printer/scanner and have it do what it's supposed to. Now, when I click the black or color button, the LCD screen says it is processing, but the corresponding software doesn't launch on my mac, so it does nothing.
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Currently running El Capitan v. 10.11.2
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

Go to the App Store and check for Updates to the Canon software, then go to System Preferences / Print & Scan and remove the Canon then add it back. Let me know