Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

I need to erase everything on my wife's iPhone. She can't

Customer Question

I need to erase everything on my wife's iPhone for resale. She can't remember password. Can you help Larry Fletcher
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is it asking for the (4-digit) passcode? Or the Apple ID account password? etc.?

Do you mean you cannot open any app icon nor go to settings on the iPhone at all?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Apple id

Does it show part of an email address for the Apple ID? If yes, does she currently have access to that email address any more? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just need to clear everything.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can go to settings and then reset then a password ***** ***** which she cannot remember

Yes, clearing is easy, but it still requires signing in the Apple ID for re-use. Please answer this: Does it show an email address or part of an email address for the Apple ID? If yes, does she currently have access to that email address or not? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it does nots how email address or part of email

What else does it show besides the password *****? Does it ask you type in digits or letters, etc.?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I apologize it does show email address that password ***** ***** one she can't remember

That's okay. Does she currently have access to that email address (on a computer or tablet, etc.) or not? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No she does nothaveaccess

What is that email address? What happens to that email address? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
for ipad

Sorry, what about the iPad? Do you mean she currently have access to that email address on the iPad?

What is the email address it is showing on the iphone when you try to reset? Thank you.

Are you still there?

It looks like you are not there. I'm going to provide you some solutions you can try when you are available.

STEP 1:

- To erase the phone, please do the following:

1. Open iTunes program a Windows or Mac computer. (If there is no iTunes program on the computer, you can download and install iTunes program at the Apple website http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/ first.)
  2. Press & hold the Power button on the iPhone until it lets you slide to turn off, then turn off.
  3. Connect the iPhone to your computer with the USB Cable.
  4. On the iPhone, press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
  5. After 10 or 11 seconds release the Power button, but continue holding the Home button (for about another 10 seconds) until the iTunes program shows that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.
  6. Click OK or Restore / factory reset.

Note: The steps must be done correctly; you may have to try a couple of times, or so.

You can also see the video instructions at the website below; it may be easier:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34v8HMC9B98

Please let me know. Thank you.

STEP 2:

- Click on the Apple website below:

http://iforgot.apple.com/

, then there, enter that email address (as shown on the iPhone)

, then click on Continue at the bottom, and follow the instructions there in order to reset the Apple ID account password.

- If STEP 2 above works, then you can skip STEP 1, and enter the password ***** reset.

- If STEP 2 above does not work, then click on the website below:

https://getsupport.apple.com/

, then there, click on option Apple ID

, then click on option Forgot Apple ID Password

, then there, you can schedule a call with a phone call with Apple in order to reset the Apple ID account password.

STEP 3:

- Click on the website below for what to do before selling the iPhone:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201351

When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.