Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

When I launcg Word the computer opens up all my word

Customer Question

When I launcg Word the computer opens up all my word documents onto my desktop
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

It is possible that the preferences/settings of Word got corrupted.

First restart your Mac. Then in Finder then hold down Option key on your keyboard, click on Go menu and select Library. This will take you to the library folder of your home folder. Open Preferences folder and trash the file 'com.microsoft.Word.plist'. Then open Word. Is it still opening all your documents to desktop ?

If that didn't work, then close it. Hold down Option key on your keyboard, click on Go menu and select Library. This will take you to the library folder of your home folder. Open Preferences folder and this time, trash the Microsoft or Microsoft Office folder.

Check Word. Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.