Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I'm ***** *****. I've suddenly lost all the input and output

Customer Question

Customer: Hi Mike, I'm ***** *****. I've suddenly lost all the input and output sound on my MacBook Pro--"no input or output devices found." I've synced to my ipod a zillion times. Neither iTunes nor any other sound emits from my speakers. : (
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I don't know what you need to know. Ask and I'll tell you.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Mac Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Ok.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

Please go to the Apple logo at the upper left of your computer screen to About This Mac and give me this information:

• The exact system Version (listed right under Mac OS X)
  • Processor
  • Memory