Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have a new icloud email address and want to change to one

Customer Question

i have a new icloud email address and want to change to one on my apple account but it wont let me. the one i want to change it to is already on my icloud in the setting part.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Are you referring to a computer or an Apple device?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A HP computer. I can get into my apple account and have two emails in it. One a gmail and one a iCloud. But the iCloud email is an old one. In my iCloud account in settings I have the new email.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

I don't understand did you make any purchases with the Apple ID that has the gmail address?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried to make a purchase on the App Store but can't get in. I am on an iPad. The problem is the emails are different
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Just go to Settings / iTunes & App Store and sign out then sign in to the correct account but if you purchased anything on that account that you are signing out of they will not work and have to be repurchased or redownloaded if they are free.