Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

How do I keep the Location or search line open on the Safari

Customer Question

How do I keep the Location or search line open on the Safari home page? (It changed on its own and my attempts to correct haven't worked). Also, when that disappears, so does the little icon that shows Downloads. I also can't seem to download any longer. I'm using a MacBook Pro. Version 10.8.5.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Can you clarify "Location"? What website did you have set as your homepage?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO!!
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

No to what? You can't clarify? If you meant no to the remote tech support ... remote control makes it much faster and easier for both of us but that's fine... just decline the offer... What about my other question? In Safari go to View / Customize Toolbar and then drag the items you want to be in the toolbar to the top including the Download arrow.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Are you there?