Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I am having trouble connecting to Skype on my iPhone 6. I

Customer Question

Hi I am having trouble connecting to Skype on my iPhone 6.
I have a mac Book pro & want Skype on that as well, but before Christmas my update on the computer had a glitch, as there was a situation between gmail & Google, so the Apple Store in WA re set my emails through safari. Now I have 2 updates on my Mac but I am worried that it will shut the system down? Has the problem been sorted out & can someone help me to get Skype onto my Mac & phone ?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

The updates will not shut the Mac down, they may require a restart but the Mac will function after that.

Can you tell me Sue, what is the current issue you have installing Skype on the Mac and iPhone? Or you just do not know how to do this?

Please let me know.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Both,
I thought I had installed it on my iPhone the other day & I paid $16 into the Skype account, but I just keep on going around in circles on my phone, so I have not tried to put it on the Mac?
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

ok, can you tell me how you keep going round in circles with it please? I just need to understand what problem you are having as you indicated both but I need to know the exact issue your having.

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am getting very distressed is anyone there ?
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

I am here Sue, I posted a message to you some time ago and have been waiting for your response.

Ill repeat the message again.

can you tell me how you keep going round in circles with it please? I just need to understand what problem you are having as you indicated both but I need to know the exact issue your having.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Please do not proceed any further, as I need to speak to someone & I have been advised that it is not possible, I just keep on getting messages asking for more & more money
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Skype on iPhone and Mac is possible, I can guarantee this 100%, so you are getting mis informed by this person.

I really do not understand why you just started ignoring my messages to your Sue, and responding about becoming distressed. This response did confuse me, and I am not sure why you did this, but ok, if you do not wish to solve this, it is up to you of course.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I became distressed when I was advised that no one could phone and talk to me
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

We did not discuss anything about a phone call, plus that is also extra money and for the same money it would be better if I connected to your mac, got it installed and led you through getting it working on the iPhone. This is what I kept repeating to you Sue...