Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I've just purchased a new iPhone 6s....none of my contact

Customer Question

I've just purchased a new iPhone 6s....none of my contact information was transferred from my old iPhone to the new one. All of my contact info, pictures, music...etc is backed up on my Mac Pro ...how do i transfer or copy from my Mac Pro to my iPhone.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel Whelan replied 11 months ago.

Hi, connect your new iphone 6s to the mac pro with the USB lead and it should ask you if you want to restore from the backup. If it doesnt ask you can do it manually. It will probably ask a few basic questions before then and you may need to update iTunes first depending on what version you are running but try without updating itunes first.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
something is running to update or download on my new phone.....my iTunes icon on my Mac Pro is bouncing up and down also...what to do

The icon bouncing up and down is usually to get your attention about something, there may be a window hidden behind other windows that needs your input. If it is updating your iphone to the latest IOS it may take a bit of time.