Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I got a new iPad. I want to use the same apple id new iPad,

Customer Question

I got a new iPad for Christmas. I want to use the same apple id for my new iPad, my iPhone and my mac. However, my friend tried to set up the iPad for me and it all got confused. Can you help me coordinate my devices so I have the same apple id and password ***** all 3 devices. My email address is***@******.***. I'd like that to be coordinated on all 3 devices.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel Whelan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, you need to get the password ***** your friend for the email address they set up. Then follow these steps.

Once you have the password, follow these steps to remove the Apple ID account from iCloud and Find My Friends:

1. Tap Settings > iCloud.
  2. Scroll down and tap Sign Out.
  3. Tap Delete from My iPhone.
  4. Enter the password ***** the person's Apple ID.
  5. Tap Turn Off.

When signed out you can tap Sign In and enter your Apple ID and password ***** start using the device.