Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have a macbook 2009 with 10.5.8 on it. I want to get it to

Customer Question

i have a macbook 2009 with 10.5.8 on it. I want to get it to latest OS, but can't until progress up from Snow Leopard. I punched snow Leopard on eBay, but will not let me load it. How do i proceed form here?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Did you buy the Retail version of Snow Leopard ? Like this one --> http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MC573Z/A/mac-os-x-106-snow-leopard

The Retail Snow Leopard has white color and has a picture of Snow Leopard on it.

There are some non-retail discs also know as restore DVDs. The non-retail disc will not work on your Mac (as they are for some specific macs) and the non-retail disc has gray color. If you bought this disc, then you should return it. It will not work on your Mac.

If you bought the Retail disc, then put it on your Mac. Restart your Mac and immediately hold down C key on your keyboard for 20 seconds and this will boot into installation screen. Then just follow the onscreen instructions to install Snow Leopard.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask