Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

I have an IPad air that is about 2 years old. It shut down

Customer Question

I have an IPad air that is about 2 years old. It shut down while I was away. When I came back, the slide to unlock didn't work. It also doesn't change orientation when I turn it around
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Can you please try this first step: Press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Home button (which is located right below the screen) together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check.

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

If there is still issue with orientation, swipe up from the bottom of the screen, then make sure the orientation lock is not turned on and check.

If you still need help with this, or if you need anything else, please reply at the box below, so I can help further. If everything is fine, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit when it shows up. Happy New Year! Thank you very much,