Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I cannot get my tablet to shut off. Tried put voice over on

Customer Question

I cannot get my tablet to shut off.
Tried put voice over on it but decided to cancel it. A screen came up and said to press cancel -I did and it says screen is locked.
I cannot get it to shut off please help!!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 11 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

First we can reset your iPad and see if it works or not. Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time for 10 seconds or until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot.

If you are still hearing the voice over, then triple the home button very quickly (there must not be any delay between the clicks). Or press and hold down the Home button for a few seconds and Siri will come on. Ask Siri to turn off Voice Over, like say this to Siri "Siri..Turn off Voice Over"

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Expert:  Ashik replied 11 months ago.

If you still hear voice after rebooting the iPad (by holding Power and Home button for 10 seconds), that means you turned on Voice Guide.

When it is turned on, you have to select the item and double tap the item to open it. Unlock the iPad by pressing the power button. Then unlock it and tap the Slide to Unlock text. Double tap the Slide to Unlock (or swipe with three fingers) and this will bring the passcode lock screen. Tap the number and then double tap it to enter the passcode. After entering all passcode, your iPad will unlock. If there is no passcode, then just double tap on the Slide to Unlock text. Or just swipe with three fingers at the same time and it will be unlocked

Then tap and double tap Settings, tap and double tap General, tap and double tap Accessibility, tap and double tap Voice Over and turn it off. To scroll, you have to swipe with three fingers at same time.

Let me know if you have any difficulty.