Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Have an issue with an ipad mini
, well, my son got me

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** have an issue with an ipad mini
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: well, my son got me an ipad mini for christmas. and it appears that it was refurbished. i am unable to install apps on it. and there is a profile on the device .. I believe an MDM profile. but there is no REMOVE button on it. so I cannot add apps, because this MDM profile is restricting certain uses on this ipad. i believe that there is an Apple ID associated with this device that has not been removed. Just my suspicion am thinking that i need to remove that ID. Have reset the device, no luck.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Mac Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes. now this is a problem that ive had 3 or 4 people try to fix, but with no success.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mac_Martin replied 11 months ago.

Hello, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.

Where did your son purchase the iPad mini from?

The seller needs to give you the password ***** the Apple ID so you can remove it and add your own, it is a form of protection by Apple so the iPad cannot be fully used in case of theft.

Unfortunately the only two options you have are to get the password ***** the seller or return it and get your money back. If the latter is not an option then you may be stuck with a partially functioning device.

Does that make sense?

Please reply using the box below.

Regards,