Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have several outlook emails (mac) that i have copied to my

Customer Question

Customer: i have several outlook emails (mac) that i have copied to my desktop and when i click to open the file, it shows me the complete header but the body is blank and it lists "temporary item" How do i get the full email?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i have copied several emails from outlook to a folder on my desktop (over 800). The emails save as an .eml file but when i click to open, it gives me the file name w/ "Temporary Item". The file opens but the body of the email is blank
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Mac Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

That depends on how you copied them.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Mike:
i copied and dragged them into a folder on my desktop
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

Just dragging the email will not copy the attachment if any. What version of Outlook?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i've done this before with no issues...But this time i copied over 800 at one time.
Outlook 2011
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

Outlook save attachments to a temporary folder that the copy just links to if it is gone then the attachment is also gone. The proper way to archive messages from Outlook is to go to File / Export and save as Outlook for Mac Data File

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Does that copy everything? I was trying to select specific emails to avoid having to go through them all over again
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

Yes you can categorize the ones you want to archive then just export that category

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Are you able to call me?
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

No I can remote connect to your computer...

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
How do I do that from some else's computer?
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

I send you a link and you open it and then I see your screen and can control it.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

You have to Accept the Offer.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm trying to accept the and i keep getting payment error: Sorry, your payment could not be processed. Please update your payment method on your My Account page and try again.
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

Yes sorry I can't help you there please ask customer service. Please visit http://ww2.justanswer.com/help for any questions about your account.