Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Forgot my skpe login went through a reset process, then a

Customer Question

forgot my skpe login went through a reset process, then a message saying don't recognize user name!
Category: Mac
Expert:  GeekGal replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** GeekGirl :). Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. Please keep in mind as we work together that it often takes more several steps and/or answers to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied. If I am unable to solve your problem, I will open it up to our other experts in the hopes that someone can help.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 11 months ago.

Did you begin the recovery process here?

https://login.skype.com/recovery

Expert:  GeekGal replied 11 months ago.

If so, did you receive an email with instructions after entering your email address?

Expert:  GeekGal replied 11 months ago.

The email should contain your user name and also a link to click on to reset your password. When you click on the link it should again show your username and allow you to reset the password. If you can tell where in the process things are failing I should be able to provide additional assistance if needed.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
used that reset from Skype home page
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I did attempt to reset it via Skype home page. That reset request provided an error code that Skype does not recognize my user name.
Yes, it is possible that I have a very old Skype account there.