Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Can't watch a movie in iTunes
, I'm on a plane trying

Customer Question

Customer: Can't watch a movie in iTunes
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I'm on a plane trying to watch a movie I downloaded from iTunes the progress bar shows the minutes going by but I have no picture or sound i shust down my mac and restarted it i played music in iTunes to be sure sound is cowkrinf working
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Mac Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: hmmmm on a flight i guess so i paid for internet access
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello?
Expert:  michelleclive replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to know that you are facing problem with playing movie on i-tunes.

Let me know the movie file format, on which format is the movie file.

Do you get any codec error while playing the movie, do you hear the movie sound and no picture.

let me know the problem a bit more in detail.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I do not get any errors -- the movie seems to start playing and I see the time counting down but there is no video and no sound. I was trying to watch a movie I just downloaded today, but also, I can't watch any movies or TV shows I have watched before on this computer.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I don't know the format of the movie file -- I downloaded it from iTunes.

These are instructions on how to find the codecs used, as well as the other specifications, of a video file using your Mac and VideoSpec.

Open the file browser and navigate the video file and let me know is it for example "movie.dmg" .dmg is the file format so let me know that.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have to go somewhere now and cna't work on this. Will have to work on it tomorrow.

Not a problem i would probably post few steps which you can check and let me know how it goes when you have time to perform the steps.