Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Install, Update, troubleshoot and remove all types of software
63493917

, im not able to connect my machine.. im getting error

Customer Question

Customer: Hi
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: im not able to connect my VD machine.. im getting error "This terminal session is not supported in your computer"
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Mac Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok..
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi, anyone working on my request?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
my phone number is +91-9840403948
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
im not getting any response..
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 11 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

Can you give me any other information about the VD machine you are using?

What is the make and model? Does it have a serial number?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi, VD which im trying to connect from mac is citrix virtual machine....it's my office VD...

So the VD (Virtual Drive) is the file from work, and you want to load it up on the Citrix Virtual Machine Software you have on your Mac at home, so you can boot up the Virtual machine that is on the VD and use it home.....Yeah? I hope i explained that enough?

.

Is that what you are trying to do?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
VD (Virtual desktop) ...i used to connect to my office VDI (virtual desktop) by logging to A RESTRICTED GATEWAY...but in mac im getting error, terminal session is not supported...if you have mobile number, share it to me me i can call and explain you more precise...

Alrighty, i think using this chat session we can be more precise, as words can easily be misunderstood..

.

But let me ask you somethign.....at your workplace. What is the type of environment that is used for the Virtual Machines? Is it VMWare? Or is it Windows Hyper-V? Or is it Oracles Virtual Box?

DO you have the Access Gateway Plug-in for Mac OS X?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
At my workplace it is Citrix...im not sure about the Access gateway plug-in

YOu may need it to make it work at home.

.

Have a read on this link for more information, as i cant copy it to paste here.

http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX130539

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
mac os im using 10.11.1, can i download and install access gateway from above link?

Yes, you can

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Installation failed since its not compatible..

Crap, yeah....it only supports up to OSX 10.8.2

.

Are you running the same version of Citrix at home as you are at work?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have installed "NetScaler Gateway Plug-in v3.1.4 for Mac OS X (El Capitan Support)" but still im getting same error "this terminal session is not supported in your computer"

What is being used at your workplace? Citrix i know....but it is called XenDesktop?

Im still not understanding EXACTLY what you are doing.

.

but i think i understand it as:

• you built a Virtual machine at work using Citrix (but what was the EXACT name of the program? Was it XenDesktop?)
  • Then you copied the VD (virtual Drive, also known as a VHD or Virtual Hard Drive) to a USB, or a CD or whatever it was, and you brought it home,
  • Then you tried to open the VD on your computer at home using the same Citrix software, and you get an error message about the terminal session not being supported.

.

If that is correct....what was the fiel extension you are using to upload into citrix? Is it an .ISO file?

Or was it a VHD file extension?