Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have two MAC book stolen from me with all my work

Customer Question

Customer: I have two MAC book stolen from me with all my work information on them one an air the other a 15.4"
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have cerial #'s Serial #'S
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Mac Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: The money is fine if it works for me. I will write out the question for you again
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My MacBook Air and MacBook Pro were stolen! All my business Information is on them and I need to get the information off of them and Also lock them ASAP. I have the serial numbers of the computers and original boxes.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

Did you have Find My Mac turned on in System Preferences / iCloud?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I did on one but he knew all my information, the other I know he turned off.
It looks like someone used this service using my email account or at least that is the prompt I got so I assume he chose you guys to find out how to unlock the pin on the Air
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

I doubt that but anyway if you go to icloud.com and sign in then click on Find My iPhone your computers that can be accessed will be listed there. You can erase them but you don't have a lot of options as to recovering data unless you store it on Dropbox or Back to My Mac is on too... if you know who it is why not call the police?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have since changed all passwords
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry I was waiting for a call but I can continue here
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

A call will not help any can you access your computers on iCloud.com?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No I can not
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

Right because by changing the password ***** just disconnected all your computers, how do you expect to access them now? You have to change it back. I ask again do you know who stole them?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I do and I have called the police and they do not take it seriously! We use to date but that ended 6 months ago, this person was stealing money from the company. So the police say this is domestic, but maybe I will walk to the station now but it will not help. So other than that advice are you telling me you can not answer my question or do not have the ability to lock the computers with only serial numbers
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

No you cannot do it by serial numbers you can only do it using Find My Mac you have to change the passwords back to what it is on your stolen computers or they cannot sign in when they are on the Internet and you cannot access them. If it is like you say he/she probably already knows how to stop you from accessing them but that is the only way and you can tell the police where they are located too.

If you are satisfied, please kindly provide an OK or Above Rating - so I get paid. Please remember we only get a portion of the original amount you pay no matter how long it takes, so bonuses are GREATLY appreciated. Keep in mind you can always come back to this page at any time regarding this question. Thanks!!