Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
51110040

Vinod. I'm phil and my problem relates to my iphone 4
,

Customer Question

Customer: Hi Vinod. I'm phil and my problem relates to my iphone 4
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes. I put it on charge the other day and came back to find blank screen with apple logo. After trying many reset ideas from the net, today it cam up with a debugger dump. "Debugger message: panic" I can supply an image of the whole message if that will help.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Mac Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 11 months ago.

Hi Phil,

I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

I am not sure how you tried the reset. So I would start with holding down the power button and the home button together until you see an apple logo.

If you still can't get the iphone to go to the home screen, I would then suggest a restore of the device.

Open itunes in the computer and connect the iphone to the computer. Now, on the iphone, press and hold the power button and the home button together until you see an apple logo. The very moment you see the apple, let go off the power button but keep on holding the home button for another 10-15 sec. Your computer should now give a message that it has detected an iphone in recovery mode and needs to be restored.

Restore the iphone now. After restoring, choose the latest backup. Let me know if you find any difficulty.

Thank You

Vinod