Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

I can't get Firefox (43.0.1) to respond to any command

Customer Question

I can't get Firefox (43.0.1) to respond to any command including to Quit. I have tried the "Force quit" procedure but it doesn't even show up in the window as (Not Responding) hence there is no "force quit" action. I downloaded version 43.0.2 which allows me a temporary workaround. I was hoping it would replace the old version but my Mac won't do that until I quit the open version. I have two versions open and would like very much to have only one open. Any ideas? I have never seen anything like this in all the years I have been using Macs. ......Anne--***@******.***
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try each of the followings until it works:

Solution #1:

- Open Finder -> Applications -> Utilities -> Activity Monitor, then if you see any firefox item there, then select it and quit it.

Solution #2:

- Click on the Apple logo / menu at the top, then click on the Restart option, and confirm.

Solution #3:

- Press at the same time Command–Control–Power button to restart the computer and check.

Solution #4:

- Press and hold the Power on/off button on the computer for about 10 (or about 30) seconds, then turn it back on and check.

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

If you still need help with this, or if you need anything else, please reply at the box below, so I can help further. If everything is fine, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit when it shows up. Happy holidays! Thank you very much,