Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
51110040

My iPad is disable after i forgot my password now I have to

Customer Question

Customer: my iPad is disable after i forgot my password ***** I have to wait 60 minutes
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: its a new iPad mini 4, got it for my son
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Mac Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: does that really work? im in tears
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Sorry to hear about your issue :(

Unfortunately, the only way out is to restore the iPad to factory settings.

Are you near a computer with iTunes installed?

Thank you

Vinod

Unfortunately, the only way to get out of it is to restore the ipad to factory settings. If you have a backup either in icloud or in itunes, you will be able to get all your data back after the restore.

Open itunes in the computer and connect the ipad to the computer. Now, on the ipad, press and hold the power button and the home button together until you see an apple logo. The very moment you see the apple, let go off the power button but keep on holding the home button for another 10-15 sec. Your computer should now give a message that it has detected an ipad in recovery mode and needs to be restored.

Restore the ipad now. After restoring, choose the latest backup. Let me know if you find any difficulty.