Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Slow loading and sometimes freezing web pages on machine

Customer Question

Customer: slow loading and sometimes freezing web pages on machine (2012)
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: some pages take a long time to load and having loaded sometimes freeze (its my wife's mac and it seems mostly stores sites). we have high speed cable access and a fast multichannel router to which the Mac connects wirelessly
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Mac Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Sorry for the delayed response. Go to Applications > Utilities folder and open Disk Utility. In Disk Utility, select your hard disk in left column (the first one in the list will be your hard disk), then Repair Permission. After that click Verify Disk and if asked to repair, click Repair Disk.

If you are using El Capitan, then click First Aid button in Disk Utility and run the repairs.

When it is finished, lets change the DNS of your Mac. Go to System Preferences > Network. Select Airport in left column (select Ethernet if you're connected via ethernet cable). Click on Advanced button. Click DNS tab. Add the following DNS addresses.

8.8.8.8

8.8.4.4

Then close the window and apply/save settings. Restart your Mac. Check websites. Are they still loading slow ?

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.