Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Just purchased an iPad Air2 to replace iPad4. I restored

Customer Question

Just purchased an iPad Air2 to replace iPad4. I restored from backup. It has been several days and it still says its "restoring from backup". My library is VERY large, over 4500 books between Kindle, Marvin, and IBooks. Kindle and Marvin were restored in hours. iBooks is still missing almost 1400 books from the backup.
iBooks shows its downloading (spinning disc) for 2 seconds, then stops for 2 seconds, and starts for two seconds. The program has been doing this for 3 1/2 days. I don't know if its working to complete download or if its stalled.
HELP... Thanks in advance
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

Do they both have the same amount of memory?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No. The old iPad is 16GB, the iPad Air2 is 128Gb
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

OK that is way too long for that amount files. Hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons together until you see the Apple Logo. Then go to Settings / General / Reset and Erase All Content and Settings then sign in and Restore from iCloud again