Pete, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of computer experience, CISCO certified
30970729

Pete, I'm currently trying to export a movie on iMovie, but

Customer Question

Hi Pete, I'm currently trying to export a movie on iMovie, but as it exports the movie to quick time player I then see that it says my file could not be shared as the message was not received.
Can you help?
Dean
Category: Mac
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Hi Dean,

This can happen if there is a problem with the project. Have you tried creating a new project and exporting it again?

In iMovie, make sure you've selected the project only and not any events, then try exporting it.

Let me know if that is successful for you.

Pete.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Pete,The message I'm currently seeing on screen is "Timed out, server application never registered to receive message"Dean
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Hi Dean,

Is this happening when you try exporting a new project? Is it happening for all projects?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I tried creating a new project and then copying and pasting my video into the new project but again when I try to export, it keeps failing and I keep seeing the same "timed out" message as I've mentioned previously.
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Is it happening for all projects or just one project? What about an entirely new project?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Just happening on this project, I only created a project the other day and it worked fine. I've spent 6 hours on this current project for college.
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Ok, then unfortunately something has gotten corrupted within that project, and it will need to be either recovered from a backup if you have made one previously, or recreated.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The thing is, I created the entire movie and project in iMovie, is there anyway to find the corrupted part in the project?
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Hi Dean,

If you have FCP you can try the following workaround:

Press Command+E to Share as a Master File (default) from FCP, then drop the resulting file into Compressor. Set up your encoding as normal and Submit Batch.