Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

I have Kindle on my iPad with lots of books
, I want to

Customer Question

Customer: I have Kindle on my iPad with lots of books
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I want to be able to read those same books on my MacBook Air. I have books on my Kindle app on my iPad and want to be able to access those books on my MacBookAir and my iPhone
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Mac Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What happens when you download / install the Kindle app on both the iPhone and the MacBook Air computer? Is there any error or message?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have the app on both the MacBook Air and my iPhone but I can't access the books on my iPad on the other devices.

Thank you. In the Kindle app of both the phone and computer, did you register / sign in with the exact same Amazon account (same email address) like on the Kindle app of the iPad? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i have just gotten the kindle books on my computer..but not my iPhone. the computer and iPad are registered in my husbands name and iPhone in my name..can I still sync the accounts?

No, you need to use the exact Amazon account / email address. Can you please do the following on the iPhone:

1. From the Kindle reading app Home screen, tap the Settings icon.
  2. Under Registration, tap Update, and then tap Deregister this Kindle.
  3. Then register / sign in with the same email address as in the kindle app of the iPad and computer.

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.