Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

I have a MacBook Pro infected with malware. I can not access

Customer Question

I have a MacBook Pro infected with malware. I can not access my Safari browser, but can use Foxfire. I have had this issue before and resolved it, but need some help in deleting it from my computer. Thanks
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry abut the issue. Please try the following fix:

1. Force quit the Safari application by clicking on the Apple logo / menu, then click on the option Force Quit
    ; (or press at the same time the 3 keys Command-Option-Esc on the keyboard)
    , then select the item Safari, then click on Force Quit button at the bottom, then click on Force Quit to confirm.)
    ; (if needed, shut down / restart the computer)
  2. Then press and keep holding the Shift key on the keyboard, and open Safari application
    ; once Safari application is open, then release the Shift key.
    , then you should not get any popup in Safari application.
  3. Click on Safari menu at the top, and select Reset Safari, if available, and reset.
    ; if there is no Reset Safari option, then click on the option Clear History and Website Data, and clear.
  4. Quit Safari application, and re-open Safari normally, and it should work fine now.

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

That should work, but if it does not work, please disconnect Wi-Fi/wireless from the computer, or disconnect the Ethernet/network cable from the computer (or disconnect the power cord from the Internet modem/router device), then try steps 1, 2, and 3 above again, then re-connect Internet, then close / re-open Safari application and check.

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.