Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years repairing macs and ipods and 3rd level tech support
28647879

Macbook pro will not turn on, does not appear to be charging

Customer Question

Macbook pro will not turn on, does not appear to be charging either as the green LED on the maglock is not lighting up now. Tried removing and inserting new ram which did not fix issue, also tried reseting smc and nvram. This all started after trying to do an internet recovery after losing sound.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Johnny Mack replied 12 months ago.

Hello there! Is the magsafe charger lit in anyway ( red or amber) ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

No, there is no light on the magsafe charger in anyway.

Expert:  Johnny Mack replied 11 months ago.

Then its your charger that has failed the magsafe will always have some kind of led on when connected to a mac ( weather is on or off). I would suggest borrowing a friend/family members charger to verify this.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I have three separate chargers all with no light on them, I have verified with other macs that these all do work for their computers.

Thanks please check link below and make sure you have tried everything posted. If you have and it still does not boot then your macbook will need physical repair.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204267

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I have attempted all of these steps and was looking to do any repairs myself, do you know of what kind of physical repair would be needed to fix this issue?

The first thing we would need to do is try and runt the macbook as bare as we can that means disconnected hard drive, superdrive ( if one), use only one ram stick and then see if it turns on. If it does then on of the items removed was shorting the board if it doesnt the logic board will need to be replaced. I can find you a logic board if this is the case.

Hello again. I am posting back because i have not heard from you hopefully this a good thing as your problem is possibly fixed. Please either post back if your still having problems or just rate this reply