Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I am a novice on my IMac..my dock disappeared and I an't get

Customer Question

Customer: Hi ***** *****..I am a novice on my IMac..my dock disappeared and I an't get it back..also certain items on my browser won't turn up
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well, I don't know if i did something wrong, but I keep getting the message that I DON'T HAVE ANY SPACE ON MY start up disc
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Mac Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also cannot get the time or date and other things on my browser..some yes, but others no.Safari cannot establish a secure connection to the server. message says stat up disc is full.
Thanks..*******
I have already paid the $36.00 with my Visa.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

First go to Apple > System Preferences > Date & Time. Click Date & Time tab. Enable "Set date & time automatically" and correct time zone there.

Go to Applications > Utilities folder and open Disk Utility. In Disk Utility, select your hard disk in left column (Macintosh HD), then Repair Permission. After that click Verify Disk and if asked to repair, click Repair Disk. If you are using 10.11, then click First Aid button in Disk Utility and run it.

Then go to Apple > System Preferences > Dock and turn off "Automatically hide and show the Dock" option.

Re Startup Disk full issue, you have to delete unwanted files from your Mac and empty the trash. Delete musics, movies, photos, videos etc that you are no longer need and empty the trash.

Let me know the results please.