Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I plugged my husband's iPhone into my Apple computer to get

Customer Question

I plugged my husband's iPhone into my Apple computer to get his pictures to my computer which I have done many times! Today it wanted to update and I made the mistake of saying yes. It therefore transferred all my iphone numbers and pictures to his phone. Now his
phone has lost all of his apps, phone numbers and pictures!!! I am so upset and so is he!!
Is there any way of restoring his phone with his information???
HELP HELP HELP!!!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 12 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

I'm very sorry this happened. Unfortunately you can't undo it. It is almost impossible to recover overwritten data from the iPhone.

Your only hope is iCloud backup or iTunes backup of his iPhone. First connect the iPhone to the computer and open iTunes. Select the iPhone. Click Restore Backup. From the list of backup do you see his backup point ? If so, restore to that backup. If you don't see his backup point, then next is iCloud backup.

If there is iCloud backup of his phone available, then you can restore the phone to that backup. On his phone, go to Settings > iCloud > Backup and do you see a more recent backup there ?

If so, you can erase that iPhone and restore to that iCloud backup. Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Erase All Contents and Settings. After erasing the iPhone, it will ask you to setup it. While setting up, select Restore from iCloud and this will restore the iPhone to his most recent backup.

If both are not available, I'm sorry the old information is lost unfortunately. You have to erase the device and setup it as new to get your data off it. You can do the erase from Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Contents and Settings

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.