Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Experience:  IT Engineer for over 15 years
32989067

I have been working on a word doc all day on my macbook pro

Customer Question

Customer: I have been working on a word doc all day on my macbook pro and I have lost it even though I have saved each page. is there anyway of retrieving it
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well, i was doing a newsletter, I was on my last page and went to attach a picture and the whole screen went white. I couldn't shut it down. Once it finally did. It had wiped most of the work I had done. Would it be hiding anywhere???
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Mac Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes okay
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

There is one trick we can do to try to force a recovery if one can be done.

Open Word and the document and then hold the power button on the Mac till it powers off.

Then power on the Mac, open Word and check if it says it can recover the file. Say yes and anything that can be recovered, will.

Let me know the results please.