Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have Os X ElCapitan. The Photos is ruining my computer. I

Customer Question

I have Os X ElCapitan. The Photos is ruining my computer. I can't delete my photos. I delete them but my hard drive sltill has 80 gigs of extra storage created by photos that I can't get back. If this vcontinues my hard drive will fill up soon, and I won't be able to use my computer.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 12 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Do you have working iPhoto application on your Mac ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 12 months ago.

If you don't use Photos at all, then you can trash Photos library. Go to Pictures folder and trash the Photos library. Remember, this will delete entire Photos library. So backup it to an external drive and then delete it from your Mac. Empty Trash. This will bring back your space.

Then go to Applications folder and move Photos to desktop. If Photos is opening when you connect your Camera or phone, then you have to disable it in Photos. Refer this article --> http://osxdaily.com/2015/05/31/stop-photos-opening-automatically-mac-os-x/

You can also use this application OmniDiskSweeper to identify what is taking up all the space --> https://www.omnigroup.com/more

Let me know how it goes.