Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My mac has been crashing since I was told to upgrade to

Customer Question

My mac has been crashing since I was told to upgrade to Office 365
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Now I am receiving a debugger alert called panic.
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

Please go to the Apple logo at the upper left of your computer screen to About This Mac and give me this information:

• The exact system Version (listed right under Mac OS X)
  • Processor
  • Memory
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I can't even get to the Apple. Every time I turn on my system it shuts off.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It either shuts off or I get a black screen with a lots of coding and it's only up for about two seconds
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

Hold the power button for 10 seconds then start it up immediately hold down the ‘Command’ + R’ keys on the keyboard during the start up process. When you see the Apple Logo you can let go. When the machine boots you may have to choose your language then you will see the OS X Utilities screen. Select the Disk Utility and then select Continue. Then in Disk Utility select Macintosh HD in the left column (if there are two with that name or it is named something else choose the first indented item) select the First Aid tab if it is not already selected, then click on Verify Disk on the far right. If that says “OK” in green type then select Repair Disk Permissions. If it is not ok let me know.