Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I am trying to send an album through E-mail. but when I try

Customer Question

Hi I am trying to send an album through E-mail. but when I try to do that, the "information" that I want to go with it does not attach itself.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

When you say that the "information" doesn't attach itself, what are you referring to when you use the term 'information'?

I will be standing by.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm referring to the information I entered when I put the photos in an album. There's a little i in a circle at the top of the page. When I click that, I can put in annotations about the photo.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now, I need to send those photos WITH the annotations to someone, but the photo goes by itself, without any of the accompanying information.

Thank you for the update.

May I start a remote screen sharing session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem?

When the remote begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is $45 above the $40 I already paid?

Yes, that is correct. The reason behind that last and final charge is because the remote session will take a bit more of my time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, that is $95. Too much for this one issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What I'm talking about is in iPhoto, when I click on any photo, I can add a title, etc, through that little i button that I click. But then, it doesn't transfer into the e-mail.

I understand.

For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.

The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.

When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.

Thank you for your patience.

- Jason

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Most likely it is too large for email do you have Dropbox or come other file transfer service?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, that's not the problem. Even if I send just one photo -- either as an attachment, or "shared"-- there is no access to the title or other information I entered in the "information" area.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Please go to the Apple logo at the upper left of your computer screen to About This Mac and give me this information:

• The exact system Version (listed right under Mac OS X)
  • Processor
  • Memory

Also what version of iPhoto and where are you entering this "information"?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Version 10.11.1
Processor 1.3 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3Photos Version 1.2 (340.4.0)When I select a photo, on the grey bar across the top, there is a small circle with an "i" in it. If I click on that, I see information about when the photo was taken, where, etc. And I'm able to write in a title, as well as a description.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Were you ever able to do that because as far as I know that is not possible. You can copy the info and include it in the email or text, etc... but it is not included by default and there is no way to add it automatically at least. In fact (from http://www.macworld.com/article/2912690/more-help-for-photos-metadata-the-places-map-and-syncing-without-icloud.html) "Photos isn’t supporting the display of some metadata, ...... However, it doesn’t modify the original files on import, so later updates that improve metadata access or exports with EXIF metadata included should include all of your original information."

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
This is disappointing! Much work needs to be duplicated, and it's not easy to add the text with each photo in an e-mail.
Expert:  Mike replied 12 months ago.

Sorry but that was never an option in iPhoto either