Chris Baxter
Chris Baxter, Mac Genius
Experience:  Computer repair and software development company owner/technician
68869132

Does IShowU work 10.6.8? I need a screen capture in the

Customer Question

Hey- Does IShowU work for MAC 10.6.8? I need a screen capture in the absence of PhotoShop etc, which I don't have and won't buy for on image only. Thanks
Barry
Category: Mac
Expert:  Chris Baxter replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

If you are interested in in-depth tutorials on that program, I recommend the free trial at the following link!

http://www.lynda.com/iMovie-tutorials/Writing-script/53851/60353-4.html

There are also various videos on this subject on youtube. The one below is most helpful!

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=ishowu+for+mac+tutorial&view=detail&mid=DDB4F140D9F6FFF42795DDB4F140D9F6FFF42795&FORM=VIRE1

If you are simply looking for a screen cap picture, mac screen printing:

Command+Control+Shift+3 > Print entire screen to clipboard (you can paste into word or wherever)

Command+Control+Shift+4 > Then select an area, when the selection is done it is sent to the clipboard as above

Command+Control+Shift+4, then space, then click a window > Saves the window picture to clipboard

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Didn't work. I did copy the image and paste the location plus image to my desktop, but I cannot copy and paste the image to an e-mail. This it what I got, and no jpeg image: 562bb2eb692363dd600c3822ace94cca.jpg

What do you mean by "location plus the image"? Once you hit one of the command controls above, you should open Microsoft word or another such word processor capable of handling jpg, (Paint?) and then right-click the black space inside the file and "paste". Save the file as a jpg. If you do not have a screen-shot, make sure you can see the clipboard before you paste. (Finder>>Edit>>Show Clipboard)

(Save as jpg if paint, save as normal doc if word, send word doc as attachment using paperclip icon in email

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I used the paperclip option in AOL mail, worked. Thanks

You are very welcome! Don't forget to rate and accept! :)