Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Why did this happen while i was away? Dec 9 10:40:56

Customer Question

Why did this happen while i was away?
Dec 9 10:40:56 Dougs-MacBook-Pro-2 kernel[0] : Wake reason: EC.LidClose (Maintenance)
Dec 9 10:40:56 Dougs-MacBook-Pro-2 kernel[0] : [HID] [ATC] AppleDeviceManagementHIDEventService::processWakeReason Wake reason: Host (0x01)
Dec 9 11:41:41 Dougs-MacBook-Pro-2 kernel[0] : Wake reason: RTC (Alarm)
Dec 9 11:41:41 Dougs-MacBook-Pro-2 kernel[0] : [HID] [ATC] AppleDeviceManagementHIDEventService::processWakeReason Wake reason: Host (0x01)
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 12 months ago.

Disable “Wake on Network Access” in the Energy Saving options, also check to see if it is set to wake on a schedule, let me know if the problem persists

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I want to know if someone did this of if the computer just automatically performed these tasks?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I don't think that was worth $40 but I will pay you $20 if you agree no person did this but the computer did it by itself.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I will give you 5 stars.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
If you agree to this.
Expert:  Mike replied 12 months ago.

The price is what you set at the beginning I can't change that. Anyway I can't tell from that if someone tried to access your computer but shutting off that will stop it from waking and you can also get Little Snitch or other security software to block access... though it is highly unlikely... the Mac is very secure as is. I can give you suggestions. PowerNap will wake for email and other processes.