Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I just upgraded to ElCapitain and now all functions are like

Customer Question

I just upgraded to ElCapitain and now all functions are like a new computer. I can see the old data, it just doesn't come up at sign on. Mail, Dropbox, browsers, it's all gone.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Did you have more than on user on that machine?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
guest and one user called Devin.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Are you logged in to Devin?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I upgraded, it asked me if I wanted to import data from another computer, and I said no. It also asked me if I wanted to sign in with my me.com address and I said yes. I'm wondering if that is why I can't get in.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I was logged in as me, Maura, when I upgraded.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like you installed a clean install not just an upgrade. So who is Devin then?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It also asked me if I wanted to sign in with my me.com address and I said yes. I'm wondering if that is why I can't get in. It asked if I wanted to rename the computer, and I did. Is that why? It looks like a new computer, no applications beyond the standard Mac ones. But I can see my other applications are on the hard drive. It just doesn't open with my usual screen and apps
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Devin uses the computer very occasionally and I gave him a separate log-in so he doesn't see all my stuff.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

No if you signed in to the same me.com account you had before that should not be the problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is the remote tech an additional $35, plus the $30 already?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Yes, this can take time and you still have the satisfaction guarantee

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, please tell me how I can remedy the situation. I have the satisfaction guarantee this way. The up-sell is too much.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

OK then I will opt out maybe another expert can help you. Good luck

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok I won't use this service again
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

That is up to you of course but I want to point out that the original amount is a base amount, and once the expert determines the difficulty of the problem this can change. This is based on how long the expert thinks the problem will take to fix and any extra services that may be needed. You have the right to not accept that offer but the expert also has the right to opt out of the question. Keep in mind you have a full satisfaction guarantee but the expert has no such guarantee. I think you will find our services are very competitively priced compared to other tech support services. Thank you for your time.