Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Install, Update, troubleshoot and remove all types of software
63493917

I purchased and app a few months back,I believe it was

Customer Question

I purchased and app a few months back,I believe it was updated, and I do not like the update. It was the CLIPish pro app, and this new one does not do what the old one did. It does not personalize my apps when I want to send a special picture or text message. Why did you change? This new one does not meet my standards of what I originally purchased. Is this ever going to come back, or am I the only one to complain about this matter?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JustAnswer.com

I have reviewed your question, and just want you to know, that I am working on an answer for you. In my searching for your answer, it may happen that I will need more information from you and I may reply back to you before giving an answer. Please check back often.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thank you. What other information do you want?

I don't think I need anything from you right this moment, but I might in a bit when I lay these out side by side

.

Would it be okay, if you were able to just go BACK to the original version, instead of the upgraded version?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would love to have the old version. I have already paid for this app back then, must I repurchase it?
Why 20$ for a call or help? I'm happy with the old version
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have the money to spend on a 20$ phone call, the app was well my best bet on dollars. Thank you for your support.
And yes I would love to return back to the old version.

I am looking if you can download the OLDER version of the app, but im hitting dead ends.

.

I will continue to look for the older version, as this is probbaly going to be the best for you.

.

As far as the $20 charge, that is for additional service for a phone call, but if you get the help you need in this Chat forum, and dont need a phone call, then you dont have to spend the extra money.

.

I will let you know as soon as i have an answer....check back often.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** much for your support! Greatly appreciated! <-8

I was NOT able to find any information readily available on the internet that address's this issue of wanting to use an OLDER version of CLIPish pro.

.

So, i contacted the Technical support group for CLIPish pro, and they are supposed to be getting back to me within the next few hours.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was charged for a 45$ fee Iam not aware of? What is this charge for?

I do not know, i do NOT handle ANY billing, I am just an expert. And I only answer computer related questions.

.

You would have to contact Customer Support about the charge.

This is what CLIPish said:

Our Web Library tab and web searches are currently disabled. This email will explain the situation and provide a work around until the fixed update is approved by Apple.

WHAT HAPPENED:

Our app used Google's free Image Search feature for the web library searches. 3rd party apps use what is called an "API" to communicate with the Google image feature. On December 1st, Google deprecated (discontinued support for) their free image search API and turned it off, breaking our app's web searches, causing any web image searches to stop working. Google has replaced their free API with a paid version. Using Google's paid API is not an option for us, as it would cost way more than what we charge for the app, so that is not feasible.

A FIX HAS BEEN SUBMITTED:

Good news, however. We have coded in a system to get around this API issue and have submitted an update for the app to Apple. It usually takes Apple 7 to 10 days to approve an update (provided it doesn't get rejected).

WORK AROUND IN THE MEANTIME:

In the meantime, until the new version gets approved, you can use the Web Browser mode to do a Google image search. (Hold your finger down on any image you want to customize, share, etc.) This video shows you how this works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?

v=8N7q3UpDP7Q

Our regular Library tab should continue to work fine. The Google change only effected the Web Library tab searches.

We apologize for this situation, but it's something outside of our control. Again, a fix is on the way.

To see a discussion thread from other developers who are suffering the same issue with Google deprecating their free Image Search API as of Dec. 1st, go here: https://groups.google.com/forum/embed/?place=forum/Google-AJAX-Search-API&showsearch=true&showpopout=true&parenturl=https%3A%2F%2Fdevelopers.google.com%2Fimage-search%2Fforum#!topic/Google-AJAX-Search-API/xP6mKdRA6n4

Looks like you might have to WAIT until the update is released, and it should be working again.

.

This is unfortunate, but this came directly from CLIPish support.

.

YOu can request a refund (from CLIPish) if you like, or you can wait for a fix.

And you are correct, CLIPish was update to VERSION 2, on Nov 9 2015, and since then they have had trouble with the WEB LIBRARY and Google SEARCHES.

.

They are aware of this, (as i mentioned above in my recent message) and are working on fixing this issue, which is most definitely linked to your issue as well.

.

You are not the only one to complain about the new version of CLIPish. There are quite a few POOR REVIEWS on the app's page, in the App Store.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can I get in touch with customer support?

customer support for WHO? CLIPish Pro? or JustAnswer.com