Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

I just discovered this thread from 4 years ago. I have a

Customer Question

I just discovered this thread from 4 years ago. I have a mid-2007 Imac, running system 10.7.5, which suddenly developed that full-blast fan running situation, which it never has before. I went through the steps you outlined here for the previous person -- verifying disk permissions and verifying disk, then shutting down, unplugging, and rebooting -- and it solved the problem. So you have another satisfied customer.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 1 year ago.

Great. Also, if needed in the future, here are the steps to reset the computer memory:

1. Shut down your Mac.
  2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command (⌘), Option, P, and R.
  3. Turn on your Mac.
  4. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys immediately after you hear the startup sound.
  5. Hold these keys until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for a second time.
  6. Release the keys.

More information:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204063

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much,