Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert
Experience:  Years ago & in 2 years recently, I helped with Mac OS [X] & MacBook & Air & BootCamp etc. problems.
13568747

I purchased the Epson WF-3620. Tried to connect to iMac to

Customer Question

I purchased the Epson WF-3620. Tried to connect to iMac to print. Sometimes it does but most time it doesn't.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If it is fairly new, and if the problem is genuinely patternless, intermittent, and dependent only upon whether the printer alone has been restarted (or otherwise reset or affected in a way not dependent upon the computer) ... then you should return your printer for an exchange.

Especially if the printer that you formerly used, was also used wirelessly (I presume) with the same computer and networking hardware otherwise, but worked reliably and regularly.

Irregular failures are generally owing to defective hardware, especially where wireless is concerned. However, if the printer is on a USB cable, then try replacing the cable first... it might just be defective.