Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert
Experience:  Years ago & in 2 years recently, I helped with Mac OS [X] & MacBook & Air & BootCamp etc. problems.
13568747

We user Meraki to push web links to our corporate iPhones

Customer Question

We user Meraki to push web links to our corporate iPhones and iPads. All my devices are on the current level of IOS and Safari. I am having issues where the link will work on my iPhone but not on my iPad. Then I have users that it works on their iPads but not the iPhones. I've tried to verify every setting I could think of between the two to see if something is different but no luck. Any ideas why this would be?
Thanks for any and all help!
Diana Pethtel
Pioneer Electric
Category: Mac
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Your iOS devices are on the current level of iOS.

But, the customer's or user's devices may have a different level of iOS, not quite current.

And there's a question also, as to where the pushed links are appearing, on the user's (or, your) Apple devices. Are they appearing in a web browser? if so, some may be Safari, and some may be Mozilla Firefox or some other browser, perhaps. Or a similar difference.

Please mention more details about the context of the pushed links on the Apple devices, and I will advise you more specifically if I can.

It may be that a different form of push, or different codes, might need to be implemented if there are two different appearance contexts, and the different form or codes might need to sense the context first and send as appropriate.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Russell.Attached shows how the how the links were created in Meraki. They open in Safari on both my iPhone and iPad. From what I can determine, there is no way to open these in another browser unless we manually type in the address.I verified both devices are on the same level of IOS and Safari.If you want call me at(###) ###-####
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Try enabling 'Precomposed', see if all users can see it on either iDevice.

Then try disabling 'Precomposed', and enable 'Full Screen', and see how that works on users' iDevices of either type.

Please let me know how that goes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, both my devices are now working but my users aren't. But I want to check them on Monday again when they are back in the office to ensure the updates got passed to them. So could we keep this open until then?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Yes. Respond at your convenience when further results are in. Monday is fine. Good weekend meantime, I hope.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Russell,My user finally stopped by and we tested his devices. No change. iPad works perfectly, iPhone does not.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Did both have the same ver. of iOS on them? or what versions did they have, each?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He is on 9.1 on both devices.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

the link will work on my iPhone but not on my iPad

Has that been true in all locations? that is, have you tested that both on remote locations and in locations near/adjacent to the 'push' server in question ?

I am thinking, really, that you have a problem with your iPhone and your iPad, rather than other users on theirs... in a sense. It may be that your iDevices are local, but everyone else's are distant. It could make a considerable difference... in which case their problem is 'normal' and your iDevices' problem is 'abnormal', at least that much.

Of course, there still is a problem with the way their iPhones don't work...