Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have a 2013 macbook air. I just installed El capitan and

Customer Question

I have a 2013 macbook air. I just installed El capitan and now I cannot open my word documents or my excel documents.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

This usually happens if the hard drive name has changed. In Finder, click on Finder menu and select Preferences. Under General tab, enable hard disks. This will show your hard disk in desktop.

Now click on the hard disk icon and press return. This will allow you to change the name. Change the name to Macintosh HD or HDD.

Click somewhere and the name will be changed. Now open Word or Excel and try to save now.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hello Christine, I'm just checking. How is it going ?