Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

My ipad mini 3 is frozen I got some weird emails yesterday

Customer Question

my ipad mini 3 is frozen I got some weird emails yesterday that said there was no content and the date was like 6/30/69 so that was weird and I decided to redo my ipad back so when did the apple came onto the screen and the line was underneath t and then the darker line started and we for abut 1/4 inch and just stopped and it's been like that all night
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

The firmware of your iPad has been corrupted somehow and we have to restore it from iTunes on your computer since the reset doesn't work. You have to restore it by putting it to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) mode, which will erase everything from it.

Follow the steps below to restore your iPad by putting it to DFU Mode.

First download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here : https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Then connect the iPad to your computer with the USB Cable.

Open iTunes application on your computer.

On your iPad press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.

After EXACTLY 8 seconds release the Power button. Continue holding the home button until your iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.

Click OK or Restore

Note : Put it to DFU Mode while connected to computer and also in DFU Mode your iPad will remain blank and will be unresponsive. It is normal. If it is not showing blank/black screen, then repeat the steps again. Timing is critical when you put it to DFU Mode. So keep trying until it goes to DFU Mode. And it will take a while to restore it.

Remember, it may take a while to restore the iPad (the iOS firmware has to be downloaded, you will see the Download button at the top right corner of iTunes screen. Click it to see the time remaining)

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

If you want, I can remotely connect to your computer and fix the iPad myself for you while you watch. This is only an optional additional service. You can accept the additional services request I sent you if you would like me to fix it for you.

Or you can follow the instructions. Let me know.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Follow the steps below to start remote support session.

You have to do this from your computer itself. On your computer, goto this website ---> https://www.fastsupport.com/476623198

Ffollow the onscreen instructions to connect. An application named Citrix Online Launcher will be downloaded Then open the Citrix Online Launcher file you see there and then open the Citrix Online Launcher application. Allow permission to connect if asked.

Let me know if you have any difficulty connecting to me.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Alternatively follow the steps below to start remote support session.

You have to do this from your computer itself. On your computer, go to this website ---> www.fastsupport.com

In FastSupport website, you will see two text columns. Name and Support Key. Under Name, enter your name and under Support Key enter this code --- > 476623198

Click Continue and follow the onscreen instructions to connect. An application named Citrix Online Launcher will be downloaded Then open the Citrix Online Launcher file you see there and then open the Citrix Online Launcher application. Allow permission to connect if asked.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I'm waiting for you to connect to me ? Are you having any difficulty connecting to me ?