Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have a 2011 MacBook pro with 8GB memory which over time

Customer Question

I have a 2011 MacBook pro with 8GB memory which over time takes a lot longer to boot up. It used to take less then 30 seconds and now sometimes up to a minute and a half. Once it it booted up it takes a little longer as well. How can I speed it up again?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

I will be the person helping you today.

I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help. Several things can cause your Mac to boot up slowly.

May I ask if you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem?

Once the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate via a chat window on your computer.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I would prefer that you provide me with steps for now.

There is no way for me to know what the issue is without first, analyzing the problem. How about this; follow the all of the instructions on the following page: http://www.chriswrites.com/10-ways-to-speed-up-mac-startup-times/

After you complete the instructions on that page, you shouldn't have any more problems.

I look forward to hearing your feedback concerning whether or not your problem is fixed.

I will be standing by,
Jason