Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I am the owner of an iPhone that has been incorrectly loaded

Customer Question

Good morning
I am the owner of an iPhone that has been incorrectly loaded with an iCloud account in the name of***@******.***
As you will see from this email account the correct account is***@******.***. This is one I have used extensively for the last 12 months or so. It was a slip of the finger on the keyboard that has resulted in this mistake on my part.
If you were to check on the logged account you will see there has been no activity on the account whatsoever.
Unfortunately every time I now open up my phone (an iPhone 4) it requests a password ***** the ldcarroll56 account. The phone continually requests the password ***** will not allow the phone to function without it.
As I have forgotten the password ***** cannot ask it to send me a new password ***** the account actually doesnt 'exist' in my world. I am not computer savvy so am requesting (looking to) Google to try and sort this out for me, as I want to hand the phone down to my daughter as I now have a newer phone.
Can you help ? Can the account just be totally deleted ?
Please advise. The phone number is ***** detailed below (for Australia) should you wish further clarification.
Kind regards
Kevin xxxxx
CARROLL CONSULTING LIMITED
Project Managers, Property Consultants
NZBN xxxxxx
NZCN xxxxx
Australia : +61458 978 084
New Zealand : +64272 880 825
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

On the iPhone just go to Settings / iCloud and sign out of that account then sign in to the correct account on the phone

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
MikeI cannot get to the iPhone settings as it will not allow me into the Icloud to delete the account. Not as simple as you have portrayed I'm afraid.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

What do you mean it won't let you into the cloud can you clarify? Is it that you can't change the account because you need the password ***** the account that it is logged into now?