Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years repairing macs and ipods and 3rd level tech support
28647879

My wife's wireless Apple keyboard has abruptly started

Customer Question

My wife's wireless Apple keyboard has abruptly started generating long strings of unknown characters, so she can't even log in to her iMac. This started abruptly. Hard rebooting the computer has not fixed it. Swapping the keyboard's batteries has not fixed it.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Johnny Mack replied 1 year ago.

Hello there! My name is***** and I will be assisting you today. Please follow the steps below to reset your keyboard this will clear out the issue you are having.

Shut down your Mac.
Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Option, Command (⌘), P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step 4.
Turn on your Mac.
Immediately press and hold the Option-Command-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears.
Continue holding the keys down until your Mac restarts, and you hear the startup sound for the second time.