Gary Jensen
Gary Jensen,
Experience:  Functional Systems Administrator at Hill Air Force Base, OO-ALC/309SMXG
13452844

These are my instructions. 1. Install ET2015A 2. Disable

Customer Question

These are my instructions.
1. Install ET2015A
2. Disable Antivirus
3. Open NetworkSISID_2012
4. Check your MAC Adress network card Place this id 0018f3908eee
5. Copy files Comet.exe and CometDLL.dll, replace in this folder
C:\ Program Files\Common Files\Offboard Information Products\2013A\Comet
x64 Windows - C:\ Program Files (x86) \Common Files\Offboard Information Products\2013A\Comet
6. Copy files Flashsever.dll and CometDLL.dll, replace in this folder
C:\ Program Files\Common Files\Offboard Information Products\2013A\Flash
x64 Windowa - C:\ Program Files (x86) \Common Files\Offboard Information Products\2013A\Flash
7. Create the folder in C: flexlm
8. On hard drive C:// ( main root) create folder with folder flexlm
9. Setup enviroment variable catlmd_LICENSE_FILE to your license file
path
Enviroment variable name - catlmd_LICENSE_FILE
Enviroment variable value - C:\flexlm\license.dat
10. Copy file license.dat to in C:\flexlm
11. Run ET
However, I'm getting this error message in my program after typing my SSID:
"The operation failed as you don't seem to have permission to access the registry".
Category: Mac
Expert:  Gary Jensen replied 1 year ago.

Hello there, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I see all of the instructions. It appears to me you are trying to install a flexlm license or flexlm license manager. I want to start by making sure you have the correct permissions to do these edits: Does the account you are using have administrative rights on the computer? If not, you will need to get these rights or log in using an account that has administrative rights.

There are some system registry entries that are locked by default. I am including a link to instructions on how to be able to edit permissions such that you can edit such keys:

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/take-full-permissions-control-edit-protected-registry-keys/

I would make sure your account has administrator rights on the computer first. You should then be able to follow those steps in your initial entry. If you have administrator rights, but still can't successfully complete the steps, try the second method described in the link and try again.

Please let me know if this worked. We can move on to other things if necessary.

Gary

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried these steps prior to coming to you. I still have the same issue. I am the owner/admin for the PC. Can you remotely access my PC with team viewer and show me what it is that I'm doing wrong? Or see the error I'm facing for yourself and figure out how to fix it?

Unfortunately, although I am well-versed in the flexlm licensing, I am not well-versed on the MAC enough that I feel like I can help you further. I was thinking it was the flex-side. At this point, I think I must opt-out so that another expert can assist you. I wish you well.

Gary

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lol, a wrong answer 3 days later. Pay when your satisfied with your answer is a joke. $18 so you can google my question and reply googles answer. Get real. Makes me want to dispute the charges considering the charges are based on a lie. Satisfaction guaranteed? Another joke. Perhaps I should look into a job there? I can google people's questions all day long for that kinda money. $18-36 every 30 seconds. Perfect. You must be up to your eyeballs in work if it takes you 3 days to respond "I can't help you".
P.S. It's not a MAC problem, and I figured it out myself. Thanks for nothing.