Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Got a new MINI I Pad and can't get into it. Forgot PASSWORD.

Customer Question

Got a new MINI I Pad and can't get into it. Forgot PASSWORD. Apple I Pad
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Unfortunately there is NO way to retrieve that passcode/password ***** get back to your iPad without the passcode/password (without erasing it). Your only option is to force-restore the iPad to factory settings through iTunes by putting it to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) mode, which will erase everything from it. This is how Apple designed it to protect the information of their users.

Follow the steps below to restore your iPad by putting it to DFU Mode.

First download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here : https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Then connect the iPad to your computer with the USB Cable.

Open iTunes application on your computer.

On your iPad press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.

After EXACTLY 8 seconds release the Power button. Continue holding the home button until your iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.

Click OK or Restore

Note : Put it to DFU Mode while connected to computer and also in DFU Mode your iPad will remain blank and will be unresponsive. It is normal. If it is not showing blank/black screen, then repeat the steps again. Timing is critical when you put it to DFU Mode. So keep trying until it goes to DFU Mode. And it will take a while to restore it.

Remember, it may take a while to restore the iPad (the iOS firmware has to be downloaded, you will see the Download button at the top right corner of iTunes screen. Click it to see the time remaining)

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't understand this. Will have to get a live person to help. Don't want this to be charged to me.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

If you want, I can remotely connect to your computer and fix your iPad myself for you. Do you want that ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I will get somebody to help me. Was given to me as a Xmas gift.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Ok, you can contact***@******.*** for refund.

Please don't rate the answer anything to process refund even if the system asked to rate me. You can close this page without rating.

Have a great day,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thank you. I will get somebody to help me .
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Please email to *****@******.*** for refund. I will also request refund for you.

Please don't rate the answer anything even if the system asked to rate me, to process refund. You can close this page without rating.

Have a great day,