Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

When i add photos to iMovie i only get a black screen. This

Customer Question

Daniel, when i add photos to iMovie i only get a black screen. This started happening since i updated from Yosemite to OS X El Captain
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When i drag the photo from the desktop to iMovie it doesn't display in the preview box it just shows a black screen. I don't now what to do. I have a installation file and reinstalled iMovie 9.0 but that still didn't work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hey Lincoln,
Welcome to JustAnswer!
You're chatting to Pete.

I'll be happy to assist with your iMovie question today.

First, close iMovie then try trashing the preferences file for iMovie. Relaunch iMovie and the preferences file will be recreated.

Let me know if the photos now appear normally again...

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

You should be using iMovie 10 with El Capitan??

Please go to the Apple logo at the upper left of your computer screen to About This Mac and give me this information:

• The exact system Version (listed right under Mac OS X)
  • Processor
  • Memory