Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years repairing macs and ipods and 3rd level tech support
28647879

I was working with a tech last few days to get my iPad to

Customer Question

I was working with a tech last few days to get my iPad to stop shutting down when I play 2 games. They had me reset my Ipad back to factory settings. Now this is where I'm at and the games are at the very beginning and I wanted them at the point where I was when playing them. I can down load my mail and Facebook and a few other apps but the purpose was to fix the games. There are several things I can't get to the point of where I was but I don't mind so much. Can u help me?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, i'm Tim. After an IPAD has been reset to factory defaults, everything needs to be reinstalled, including games. The saved game data is gone, so you have to start at the beginning. I'm sorry for the inconvenience here, i'm not sure why the tech did not tell you that you would lose game data, there is no way around it and no way to recover the lost games.

- Tim

Expert:  Johnny Mack replied 1 year ago.

Just so you know iTunes has a built in backup feature ( as well as icloud). If you had connected your ipad to your pc or mac before this happened then there is a backup ( it is done automatically )on your computer.

1. Open iTunes. If iTunes tells you there's an iOS update.
  2. Go to File > Devices > Restore from Backup. If you're using Windows and don’t see a File menu, press the Alt key.
  3. Look at the date and size of each backup and pick the most recent.
  4. Click restore and wait for the process to finish. Your device will restart and then sync with your computer. Stay connected until the sync finishes.
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Right, that only syncs apps and music, not the data saved inside hte apps, at least as far as i know.

All data is backed up :)