Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

I have a linksys 42460 system. I have 3 computers and a

Customer Question

I have a linksys 42460 system.
I have 3 computers and a tablet (all Apple) running on it.
Since yesterday I can not connect my main computer (Apple Mac Pro 5.1, OSX El Capitan 10.11)) to the system any more (works on everything else). I tried many times to set it it again
When I try to re-set up it always claims that my network Password ***** ***** -it works with that password ***** all my other computers!
How can I fix this?
Thanks,
Juergen Habermeier (###) ###-####
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. I'm sorry about the issue. Can you please check at the back/bottom of the Linksys for the exact model?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will
give me minute
have to go upostairs

OK, thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
linksys is EA 6300

Is it asking for a Wi-Fi / wireless password?

Do you know how to check / confirm your wi-fi/wireless password (it is case-sensitive.)?

I do live online support. Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can check on the linksys router's password ***** through your computer together with you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Linksys EA 6300

Did you see my last reply?

1. Is the main computer asking for a Wi-Fi / wireless password?

2. Do you know how to check / confirm your wi-fi/wireless password (it is case-sensitive.)?

3. I do live online support. Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can check on the linksys router's password ***** through your computer together with you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
linksys is EA 6300Since thw Network Password ***** have works on all my other computers but not on main one I have this problemI have and know the system password, but the one MAC claims It is wrong!That is the problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You probably can't get on the main computer since it is not responding to WiFi
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the main computer is switched on - but no wifi!

1. Do you mean when you click on the Wi-Fi/wireless icon at the top of the screen on the main computer, then select/ connect to your Wi-Fi/wireless network name, then it asks for a password, then

2. Are you currently able to log in the Linksys router on the working computer in order to check / confirm the wi-fi/wireless password? Do you know how to check / confirm your wifi/wireless password?

3. I can log in your main computer if you connect it temporarily to the linksys router with an extra Ethernet/network cable. Or I can log in your working computer, so I can check your linksys router's password, then you can enter it on the main computer.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is what I tried to explain:
1. your step one: Password ***** on everything else is rejected
2. Nr 2 is positive all my other devises are connected to my wifi
3. can try - but the password ***** on all the other devises
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Real question is: Why is main computer not taking the password ***** is working on all my other devises??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can not connect main computer with an extra cable sine router is upstairs- at least 25 yards away
I do not have a cabale that long
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
mean cable!~

Do you mean this same Wi-Fi/wireless password ***** working fine previously on the main computer?

Can you please confirm the Wi-Fi / wireless network key / password ***** doing the following steps on the working computer:

1. Open Finder/Apple logo, then select Applications, then Utilities. Then open Keychain Access
  2. If needed, select System under Keychains column on the left. If needed, select All Items under Category on the left.
  3. Then you'll see your network name on the right column. (It will have a kind of AirPort network password.)
  4. Double-click on your network name.
  5. Select tiny box at Show password.
  6. Enter your Mac administrator's password, and press the Enter key. If you don't have one, just leave it blank and press the Enter key.
  7. Then you will see your Wi-Fi / wireless password (it is case-sensitive).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am trying this now

OK, please take your time, then let me know. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this password ***** working perfectly until yesterday

OK. Please try my steps on the working computer to check the wi-fi/wireless network password/key. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is showing the password ***** is not working on this MAC any more!!

Sorry. Please make sure the Wi-Fi network name is ***** ***** the same also on all computers.

- Please disconnect the power cord from the Linksys EA6300 router device for about 5 minutes, then reconnect

, then restart the main computer, then try to connect to the exact Wi-Fi network name again and check.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will do thatI pulled the plug this morning- but I did not wait for 5 minutes..I did not shut off main computerwill as you proposed and get back to you

OK, make sure to shut down / restart the main computer also, thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still no success.When I shut everything off I was able to get my second computer to accept the network password ***** away.This is why I am able to connect with you.Main computer, though, gave my same stupid answer " sorry, password ***** entered is invalid"This shutting off of router and computer did not do a thing - still stuck with same silly problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there any "system restore" or something getting me back in??

Please do the following on the problematic main computer:

4. Delete all your Wi-Fi/wireless network name(s) there. (Make sure there is no airport network any more.)
  5. Then restart the main computer and check.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did that
Same negative result
sorry

I'm sorry; it is very strange. Are you able to type lowercase / uppercase letters fine on the main computer fine?

Is the main computer able to connect to any other wi-fi/wireless network name?

Can you log in the router and change the wireless password/passphrase to something else, and check?

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
upper/ lowercase works well on main computer - even switched keyboardstrying to follow your other proposalsHello!In the meantime - before I did anything else you proposed- the bloody system started to work - just when I was was working on the other computer. Like magic. Obviously the system needed some time.Thanks for your help.

You're welcome. Great. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much for your patience,

Do you have any other computer question/issue I can help with today? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much for your patience,